Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Welcome to my new blog where together we will figure out what writing is all about.  Depending on the day my opinion on what a writer is changes.  When I was younger writing was a way to escape daily life and the boredom of growing up in a small town in the Midwest.  As I grew what I discovered was that a writer's views and purposes change.  Some days I want to tell a story, some days I want to make a point, and some days I want to just laugh and be entertained.  
It is important that as a writer we don't let ourselves get trapped in a box.  Looking at the word and presenting it in different ways is our job.  Take a moment and think about why you write? What is your purpose? Leave a post and share with others what you like most about writing and maybe even what you like least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment